The campgrounds listed on this site that allow dogs do so because they realize pets are a part of many camping families. Your dog can make your camping experience more enjoyable. Here are some tips for camping with your dog:
- Be sure your dog’s vaccinations are up-to-date and dog licenses are current.
- Bring along the vaccination records on your trip should you need them.
- Ask your vet about any health risks you should be aware of.
- Keep your dog on a leash at all times.
- Leaving your dog unattended at your campsite may cause them to bark and whine,
disturbing your fellow neighbors.
- Always pick up after your dog in a campsite.
- Remember: dogs need clean drinking water too.
- Take along a first aid kit for your dog.